The TL;DR Position Summary
Title: CRO & UX Consultant
Location: Sydney with occasional national and international travel (remote not an option – sorry!)
Reports to: Managing Director, Freddy Chanut
Works with: High calibre, switched on clients (mostly med/large web businesses)
Key objectives: Research, analyse, construct and implement conversion optimisation campaigns for our clients
Experience required: Solid base in web analytics and project management, clear understanding of UX concepts with min. 2 years working primarily on digital marketing/analytics/product projects.
Salary: on par with industry standards
We are return focused Digital Marketing Optimisation Agency. We are very good at Analytics, SEO, CRO, Data Science Our motto: Traffic is nice. Revenue is better.
We love to take on the fight along with challenger brands. We have the most fun doing it in competitive environments such as finance, education, jobs, insurance, automotive, etc….
We strive on being an extension of our client’s team and providing tailor-made, return focused work.
We are picky about the client we bring on-board and very protective of our reputation. We won’t engage with a firm unless we believe we can make a difference to their business and help them Get Stuff Done. This stops us from taking on board demoralising projects and having us hating our jobs and our clients.
We are a bootstrapped company founded in 2010, we grew exponentially in the last year. We think the current agency model is broken and we really believe we can build a better alternative. But we need great people to help make this happen and that where you come in.
Career progression is based on your ability to deliver and drive ideas and difference for both client and the company, not your ability to play politics or by the cut of your suit. (in fact, we have a no suit policy).
We’ve got some pretty cool digs and office vibes 78 meters from the the sand and the sea in Manly, Sydney’s iconic beach. So get to work with like-minded people, challenge and be challenged, have a laugh, solve problems and surf at lunch time.
Actual view from our office
The Job Description
This role will be responsible for crafting strategy and implementing tactics to improve the customer experience and conversion rates for its portfolio of clients across different industry.
The conversion rate optimisation specialist will be responsible for leveraging a working knowledge of user experience, analytics and testing platforms, testing strategy and deployment to improve single and cross channel performance by improving lead conversions for clients on any devices.
Research and Develop New Products
As high-end digital marketers we are expected to be at the forefront of new development and develop solutions that fits a brave new web. To enhance your technical expertise, In Marketing We Trust will create the time and resources for you to work on advanced research projects to enhance our digital marketing, UX and CRO work.
You will be able to suggest research topics, test and develop new opportunities to increase the value of our services for our clients and the greater community. Some of the projects we are currently developing are done in collaboration with experts in the field of statistics, data visualisation, artificial intelligence, psychology and behavioural modelling. Here is the latest one we just released to the official Google partner gallery
Gather, share and structure knowledge transfer
As a proven UX & CRO specialist, you will be developing, managing and expanding the resources needed for team members and clients to understand and use UX techniques within the company.
You will like working in an entrepreneurial environment where actionable solutions and real returns drives the team and the business forward.
Your sound advice, project management experience and stakeholder management skills are a model for your teammates. Growing yourself to become a UX/ CRO manager, you will help our team members develop a T shaped marketer skill set.
- Effectively collaborate with Production team managers, project managers, client services teams and client-side teams to meet and exceed client and agency conversion goals.
- Understand web marketing best practices, processes and standards and apply them to designated projects and testing plans.
- Work cross functionally with design & development, earned media, paid media and client services to yield gainful results for IMWT agency and its clients.
- Identify opportunities and recommend optimisation on client sites to increase conversion rates and engagement metrics
- Deliverables: UX & CRO audits, content audits, User research and persona, CRO strategy plans, Test plan, test implementation, performance and progress reports including all supportive documents
- Time and Scope Management: Design and implement customised consulting projects to agreed scope and within deadline. Setting and achieving measurable results for clients’ conversion rate, user experience improvement. Manage multiple clients and projects delivery.
- Keep your edge: stay up-to-date with the latest developments in UX, CRO and digital marketing. Research and test new products and solutions likely to increase the value of our services to new and existing clients.
- Participate: Contribute regularly to the In Marketing We Trust blog, webinars, social channels and submission for conference presentations.
- Client Project Management:
- Proactive client management – Acting as a member of our client teams, ensure client projects are delivered on scope and schedule. Provide effective communication and reporting to help our clients support their CRO projects.
- Acquire an in-depth understanding of clients’ business goals, audiences and priorities.
- Design and implement tailor made solution for a client based on a client’s time, resource or capabilities. Best practices reports are for n00bs.
- Devise and manage strategies for archetyping, userflow, prototyping and improving performance when appropriate.
- Train the client teams and help them use our collaborative task management tool for prioritising and keeping track of tasks.
- Be transparent, be organised, be proactive in your communication. Quiet clients are ‘soon-to-be-ex-clients’
- Be ready to be seconded to clients office to facilitate the setup, delivery and reporting of our CRO programs
- Be accessible; manage daily or ad-hoc tasks and requests.
The Ideal Candidate
You are a specialist with the ability to take a strategic and pragmatic approach. You want this job in order to own a role and take your career to the next level through experience and results. You want to work in valuable projects and build a team around you.
You’ll have worked for several years in web analytics and UX and digital environments, have client side experience. You rock socks when it comes to technical analysis. You’ll also have:
Skills and Experience
- Proven ability to work effectively and collaboratively with internal team leads, technical teams and clients.
- Hands-on experience with conversion rate optimisation testing including A/B and multivariate testing experience.
- Must possess strong analytical and data driven skills and experience
- Proven ability to conduct user research (user testing sessions, interviews, etc…)
- Understanding of audience personas and segmentation
- Knowledge of Google Analytics including implementation, segmentation, split testing methods, multi-channel attribution and funnels.
- Hands-on experience of wireframes creation
- Ability to balance UX purity and recommendations with client priorities and limitations.
- Strong project management experience
- 2-4 years of experience in customer experience or conversion rate optimisation
- Software and marketing services industry experience is a plus
Additional Skills & Abilities
- Must be able to worked unsupervised, be flexible
- Knowledge and understanding of SEO, content marketing, paid search and landing page optimisation.
- Working knowledge of email marketing preferred.
- High level of attention to detail, quality, and effective verbal and written communication skills along with excellent follow-through.
- Requires independent effectiveness, taking initiative, strong influencing and driving knowledge
- Must have the ability to effectively communicate and collaborate.
- Ruthless focus on meeting time vs. budget objectives
- Strong ability to multitask between several client accounts
- A relentless curiosity and an inquisitive mind
Very big plus for Experience with :
- Data management, warehousing, statistical analysis and visualisation
Attributes and behaviours we love to see
- A can-do attitude
- Ownership of your work
- Creative in context
- Results orientated
- Collegiate and supportive
- A sense of humour
If this sounds just like you, then follow the application process. We look forward to hearing from you.
The Application Process
- Fill up the form. Submission is generally reviewed within 3-5 working days
- Do some short tests, live case scenarios giving you an opportunity to see exactly what we do and how we do it
- Interview with Head of CRO
- Interview with Managing Director
- Offer and Contract drafted, review signed
Now, here is step 1, time to tell us a bit about yourself.
[gdlr_divider type=”thick” size=”100%” ]